Bikram Yoga is a heated 26 posture sequence developed by Bikram Choudhury. It has been experienced by millions that these 26 postures systematically work every part of the body giving all the internal organs, veins, ligaments, and muscles everything they need to maintain optimum health and maximum function. Each asana takes care of something different in the body, and yet they all work together synergistically, contributing to the success of every other extending its benefits.
Why 105 degrees? Yoga changes the construction of the body from the inside out, from bones to skin and from fingertips to toes. So before you change your practice, we need to heat it up to soften it because a warm body is a flexible body.
Hatha Yoga flushes away the waste products, the toxins of all the glands and organs of your body. It provides a natural irrigation of the body through the circulatory system, with the help of the respiratory system. It brings nourishment to every cell of your body so that each one can perform its function and keep your body healthy. Bikram Yoga also employs heat to further that cleaning process. When you sweat, impurities are flushed out of the body through the skin.
It's never too late to start yoga. It's not about flexibility. It doesn't matter about your age, shape, or current state of health.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before class begins
- Wear something you're comfortable sweating in
- Bring a large bath towel (or two), a yoga mat and a bottle of water. If you'd like to shower off after class bring another towel
(We have all these things available to rent/purchase at the studio)
- Avoid eating 2 hours before class; Yoga is always best practiced on an empty stomach. Some people however need to have a little something in their belly such as a piece of fruit. You'll soon figure out what works for you and what your body needs
- Be well-hydrated! Drink lots of water before coming to class
- Come with an open mind and an open heart. Be ready to laugh a little, maybe cry a little, and to sweat a lot!